Sunday, April 26, 2015

i remember

i remember the pig tail days and when my mom washed my cloths
i remember the first day of preschool and i didn't want my mom to leave
now i'm the one leaving
i remember when kissing tag was how you made friends
i remember T ball and my baseball caps
i remember butterfly clips in my hair 
and ribbons on my dresses
i remember first kisses and how bad it was
i remember heart break 
i remember when innocent was in my description
i remember green basketball shorts 
and smelly preteens
i remember when my mom left for three days and how much my dad cried
i remember doctor appointments and what I drew on that paper
i remember when i would wake up on time
and how i always did my homework
i remember when high school mattered and who i sat next to
i remember when i had time 
I remember when my little brother had a smaller vocabulary than me 

I remember when i bought a pop tart for the first time and never ate it 

2 comments: