Sunday, March 1, 2015

a letter to you daddy


I don't know how to say it
I'm not your little girl anymore
So pretty please with a cherry on top
Let me grow up
Let me lose my way
I always come back
I know you trust me, but I need you to trust me a little more
Please listen to me, oh pretty please
You have raised me so well Daddy
You raised me to be independent
So pretty please let me try it out

I look up to you so much
Oh how I just want you to be proud of me
Not because Mom told you so, but because you really are
We can still go to football games and talk about politics
I like that
I love that
But can you listen to me, oh please listen to me

Daddy the world is a scarier place than I thought it would be
Why didn't you tell me
I trust you I know
But Daddy I'm scared the world is scarier than I thought

Daddy you didn't tell me love hurts so bad
Why didn't you tell me

Daddy I leave soon
So please listen to me
I know you have a lot to say
But now I do too
Daddy, oh please listen to me







2 comments: