Wednesday, February 4, 2015

I love you nana


People talk about their grandmothers like they’re saints

I’ve thought about standing up and screaming bull crap

My Nana is no saint, no, not one at all

I might dare say she is the opposite

They are no happy holidays with the women of the pills

There is no happy memory in finding your Grandmother higher than a kit

 They say insanity is contagious and Oh Boy is that true

How can I love a women that has brought upon much of mother’s heartache

So tell me one more time I should let this women into my heart

No Mam, she is no saint       

Insanity is contagious and I will not be the product of these choices of that women

I am not a product of my family’s wrong doings

No sir, I am not

I will stand strong in the face of that women

Because she the product of her families wrong doing

But I will sit quietly and say yes mam, I love my grandmother but only in the memories of the past  

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for being real. Not every grandmother is a saint. Mine sure isn't.....

    ReplyDelete